From the manufacturer
Precision Edge Technology
PEtec edge, enhances the sharpness 20% and lasts twice as long.
- Exceptionally long edge retention / long service life of blade.
- Precision robots sharpen the blades on a whetstone.
- Extremely high initial cutting performance.
- Unique, consistently high and reproducible quality.
- Optimum cutting edge along the entire length of the blade.
- The knives are given a final polish using a special disc.
The City of Blades
Family owned for seven generations, WÜSTHOF was founded in Solingen Germany over 200 years ago. Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen has earned the reputation for crafting fine cutlery generation after generation. Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship.
- For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,”
- WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
CLASSIC FILLET KNIFE
WÜSTHOF’S CLASSIC full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel. CLASSIC knives feature a new handle design made of a highly durable synthetic material – Polyoxymethylene (POM) – which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration.
A CLASSIC Fillet Knife has a very thin flexible blade used for deboning and filleting fish. The long narrow blade enables the knife to move smoothly along the backbone of the fish and easily removes the fish skin.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel, stickered with our red Trident logo
- Full bolster and finger guard
|Cook’s Knife||Paring Knife||Nakiri||6 Piece Kitchen Set||20 Piece Set|
|Hardness||58⁰ Rockwell||58⁰ Rockwell||58⁰ Rockwell||58⁰ Rockwell||58⁰ Rockwell|
|Long Lasting Handles||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Perfect for||Chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing thicker vegetables and meats.||Slicing and peeling small produce such as garlic cloves and herbs.||Prep a wide array of fresh produce, including potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife’s blade.||Starter Set||Newlywed Present|